Re: Shop lighting-l.e.d.s?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shop lighting-l.e.d.s?
From: Eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:31:12 -0500
I wanted to chime in here with my recent experiance.  I just put up a 2500
sqtft building.  (for any long timers here, I'm sure you are familiar with
my saga over the years (4 years now).

Anyway, I went to put up lighting.  I wanted "Instant on", low draw, and
nice light.

What I ended up with was a compact foresent unit from Home Depot.  They
were $30 a piece (with bulb.)  Here is the kicker.  I have a 14' ceiling. I
use 8 of them for a total draw of 520 watts (TOTAL) and they provide great
light.  I will suplament the task areas with some more lighting, but for
the main area, these are great.  Note, while they are "instant on", they
are not at 100% brightness when they turn on.

I searched the HD site and can not find them.  For the money to purchase,
and to operate the lights, I don't think I could have done better.

Note, if you mount these lower than 14', you should get even better
lighting.

Inch
http://megageek.com

"Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
         for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.