RE: Shop lighting-l.e.d.s?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Shop lighting-l.e.d.s?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 08:35:00 -0800
> Should these florescent tubes be changed on a regular basis for
> optimal lighting.  Do they get dim after a while or just stop
> working?  The ends, of course, are getting dark, but they all still
> work ok, although they do seem to be getting dimmer (or is it my old
> age and changing eyesight?)

They do get dim with time, old ones were especially bad about it.  New "low
mercury" ones typically start flickering before the output drops too much.  If
they're too dim for your liking, then replace them.  Hopefully you've actually
got 8' tubes, as the 6' ones are getting harder to find and cost more for less
light.

Randall