Re: Ok, the bearing problem is solved ...

To: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ok, the bearing problem is solved ...
From: "David C." <cavanadd@kendra.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:58:39 -0800
At 09:58 AM 3/11/2005 -0600, Arvid Jedlicka wrote:
>Some of the names in the catalogs and on the internet are:
>
>Enco
>Fowler
>brown & sharpe
>Mitutoyo
>Interapid
>Starrett
Starrett is kind of the gold standard for American made measuring stuff,
priced to match, but it will last a long time.

Fowler and B&S are (or used to be) American made, high quality, maybe not
quite as good as Starrett but they have a lot of proponents.

Mitutoyo is high quality Japanese; very good stuff, almost as good as
Starrett; I have one of their mikes, very nice.

Enco brand is mostly (all?) Chinese; it'll get the job done but usually the
finish and durability isn't as good as name brand American stuff.  However,
for a home shop with intermittent use it should be ok, most of my stuff is
Chinese.

Not sure about Interapid.