Fixing a leak in an oil pan.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Fixing a leak in an oil pan.
From: Eric@megageek.com
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 18:09:20 -0400
OK, I've got my "work" truck.  It's pretty beat and I'm not interested in
spending big bucks on it or lots of time on it.

Last week, the rear leaf spring broke.  This morning I bought a new one (I
couldn't find a used one and dang are new ones expense!)

Anyway, I noticed while working on the truck, that there is a small pin
hole in the side of the oil pan.  (note the oil pan has surface rust.)

Now, in my "sandblast the soupcracker" mindset, I think that I could just
quickly clean up the area with a wire wheel and using the wire feed
welder, on low, just put a dab over the hole.

I wanted to run this by the list first.

Is it possible to set the oil on fire in the jeep?  Is there a better way,
(That doesn't involve removal of the oil pan?)

Thanks in advance!

Inch
http://megageek.com

"Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
         for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.