Re: Fixing a leak in an oil pan.

To: Eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: Fixing a leak in an oil pan.
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 16:15:27 -0400
If you have a pinhole leak in an oil pan that has what looks to be surface rust,
you can be sure that the metal is already thin and  more holes will show up
soon.  Any welding will likely burn through the thin (now thinner) sheet metal
and make a bigger hole than you had from the start.  I have little experience
with JB Weld.  How likely is that to adhere to an oily surface?

Can you remove the pan without removing the engine?