Re: Powder Coating Question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Powder Coating Question
From: Wayne <wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:47:49 -0500
At 08:42 AM 1/14/2004, you wrote:
>Before I go and buy the Harbor Freight powder coating gun I had a question
>about powder coating large pieces, like my truck frame.  Can I do it with
>a heat  gun or a torch?  I certainly can't take the frame and stuff it in
>the kitchen

I have the HF setup, but don't buy it from them!  Check out Columbia
Coatings  http://www.columbiacoatings.com/  They have the same one for
$70.  For $136 you can get a "deluxe kit" with all sorts of useful
accessories and a few jars of powder.  Plus they have tech guys you can
actually talk to.  Their mini pressure regulator that attaches to the gun
is well worth the few $$.

As for curing big parts, I don't think the gun or torch would work. The PC
vendors sell infrared systems for big parts.  Columbia has one for $299.

   -Wayne