Re: No sweat

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: No sweat
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 08:28:30 -0500
At 11:01 PM 1/25/02 -0700, Mark J Bradakis wrote:

>Anyway, I've seen a few different units at the various home center stores,
>and was wondering if the little swamp cooler type (air flows through a
>water saturated mesh) is any better than a direct injection type....

Mark,

  I've never had any experience with the direct injection units, but I have
had the swamp cooler type.  We put it in the hall way right under the air
return input.  I can't say that it really helped as it has been quite a
while since we did it.  I do remember that it made the hall way very
cold in comparison to the rest of the house.  That may have been a good
think since it was right below the thermostat.  I think the unit I was using
was really for a room and not ment to try and humidify the entire house.
It did put a lot of water into the air though.  On real dry days, it would
go through a couple of gallons in a day or 2.

John

        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org