Re: Bead blasting

To: "BOB NOGUEIRA" <nogera@Prodigy.Net>,
Subject: Re: Bead blasting
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 11:26:13 -0800
>to glass bead blast them but got to wondering if I should protect the bore
>and inlet pipe hole first . Will bead blasting the bores screw up the

  I didn't worry about the inlet pipe hole but I did protect the bore. Not
sure I needed to but bead blasting does "change" the surface slightly and I
didn't want to have to hone the bore out any more than I needed.  I just
stuffed some newspaper in the bore and then put a piece of duct tape on the
end, put the cylinder on the workbench and ran a razor blade around the
cylinder to cut the duct tape, the paper inside just gives it something to
stop the glass beader from shoving the duct tape through.  The inlet on my
master cylinder DID however allow some beading on the cylinder which had to
be honed out, took a while to clean up and I still don't know if it did
anything by having me hone as much as I needed to.  The wheel cylinders
inlets had too many curves to get the main bore...

   Make sure you blow out all the beads when done and then blow it out
again just to be safe.

         mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/