Re: 208v Air Compressors

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 208v Air Compressors
From: Joe Flake <flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 16:59:04 EDT
Donald said:
> 208 is
> actually found as the odd leg to neutral on a three-phase system, with
> 110/120 to neutral on the other two legs (and 220/230 from
> phase-to-phase on all three phases.)  If you have two 120v single
> phase circuits everywhere, then you have 220 single phase too.

I think 208 is any hot to any other hot in the typical 3-phase voltages,
with 110 being any hot to ground.  All three hots are equal.

220/230/240 is the nominal value for hot to hot in a single phase
installation.

Am I showing my age by referring to "110/220"?  Almost everything calls
it "120/240" now.

Joe
flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com

///