Re: Air Compressors

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Air Compressors
From: "Rex Burkheimer" <rex@txol.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 11:16:48 -0600
I'm also learning the hard way on compressors.  I had a real nice older oily
Craftsman that was in great shape. It was stolen last  year, so I went to
Sears and bought the "best" comrpessor they had, a 6.5 HP oilless. Since
then, my already poor hearing has deteriorated. The compressor won't even
keep up with my son's D/A sander or my HVLP paint gun.
    I have an older Champion 2-stage portable at the house. It's probably 2
HP, 110V, but it puts out more air than the Sears.
   This week some one gave me a verticle 80-gallon tank  Sanborn Black Max.
Looks like a cheapo,  but if it works as good as the shine new Sears unit,
the Craftsman goes on the block.

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]

///
///