Re: Air Compressors

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air Compressors
From: LRuggi2635@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 10:11:15 EST
Hey Gang,

as a fellow owner of one of the infamous Sears 6.5 upright oil/airless 60 gal
models, I've got a couple semi-sacrilegious thoughts.  First, has anyone
checked out Sears' new twin cylinder model?  I know, I know... but they're
just so darned close-by and convenient and all.  Second, have we given any
thought as to the real air demands of tools that are rated at "4 CFM" for
example?  I mean, if it seems Sears and numerous other manufacturers
overstate their compressor hp ratings, for example, what's to say tool
manufacturers don't understate their CFM requirements?  I use numerous
cheaper air tools, such as those sold by Central Pneumatic, Lowes, Home
Depot, etc., instead of the Chicago Pneumatic and Ingersoll Rand ones I'd
much rather have-- they do the job just fine, but maybe they're really big
air hogs.

Larry Ruggiero
Warner Robins GA

///