Re: three phase?

To: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Subject: Re: three phase?
From: "Charles R. Schultz" <n2pua4@peoplepc.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 05:30:09 -0500
I don't know much of anything about welding or 3 phase wiring, but there
may be an alternative with a secondary benefit, since you say you live
in the boonies.

I've heard (don't know for sure) that a diesel-powered welder of the
type you see on service trucks also makes a very good backup generator
in case of power outages, and is cheaper than a dedicated generator of
similar output.

Of course, be sure you have a competent electrician install the proper
whatchamacallit (transfer switch?) that keeps you from back feeding the
power company's lines, YMMV, etc.

Chuck (boy, that was useful and specific, wasn't it?) Schultz