Re: Shed Floor Covering

To: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Subject: Re: Shed Floor Covering
From: "Timothy R. Hoerning" <hoerni@cooper.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 15:59:17 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Eric Murray wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 02:59:19PM -0400, Timothy R. Hoerning wrote:
> >   The main purpose of the shed is for storing motorcycles, so it needs to
> > be something that will be okay with tires.  The only covering I found at
> > Home Depot which was safe for tires was Behr garage floor paint.  Of course
> > this is only meant to got on a concrete floor (and specifically says not to
> > apply to wood).  The deck coatings are good for wood but say not to leave
> > in contact with tires.
>
> Hmm.  I wonder wny not?

        I don't really know.  I'm guessing the chemicals in the desk treatment
don't react well with the rubber compounds.  The last time I looked I could
find this warning again, but I saw it the first time.

> Linoleum or vinyl tiles?

        Wouldn't those be slippery when wet?  I've though about them, but was
worried abour the slippery ness.  Linoleum would be quick and easy to put
down.

> You can probably scrounge some recycled stuff from
> someone's kitchen remodel project.

        Great idea!  You've picked up on the spirit of this project.  I'm trying
to use as much recycled material as possible.

> Another option is rubber mats.  They're nicer to stand on but
> more expensive.

        I saw rubber tiles at HD, but that would cost several hundred dollars.
Where would I look for rubber mats?

                Tim