Re: Shed Floor Covering

To: "Timothy R. Hoerning" <hoerni@cooper.edu>
Subject: Re: Shed Floor Covering
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 12:14:14 -0700
On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 02:59:19PM -0400, Timothy R. Hoerning wrote:

> Hello All,
>
>       I've been lurking for a while, finally getting around to posting.
>
>       We've been building a small (10x10) shed this summer.  Its almost done
> now and I need to figure out what kind of covering to use for the floor.
> The floor surface is 3/4" plywood.
>
>   The main purpose of the shed is for storing motorcycles, so it needs to
> be something that will be okay with tires.  The only covering I found at
> Home Depot which was safe for tires was Behr garage floor paint.  Of course
> this is only meant to got on a concrete floor (and specifically says not to
> apply to wood).  The deck coatings are good for wood but say not to leave
> in contact with tires.

Hmm.  I wonder wny not?

>  Also, the floor should be oil resistant so the wood
> doesn't soak up any oil from the motorcycles.
>
>       I've heard of some two-part epoxy kit, but haven't been able to find
> out anything about it (like a name).
>
>       Any suggestions would be appreciated.  TIA.

Linoleum or vinyl tiles?

You can probably scrounge some recycled stuff from
someone's kitchen remodel project.

Another option is rubber mats.  They're nicer to stand on but
more expensive.

--
  Eric Murray http://www.lne.com/ericm  ericm at lne.com  PGP keyid:E03F65E5
                     Consulting Security Architect