Re: Toilet/Shower drain help.

To: "Lyn Fatt, Brian A" <brian.lynfatt@eds.com>
Subject: Re: Toilet/Shower drain help.
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 17:37:30 -0500 (EST)

Lyn the problem is in your mail sewer line. The sinks drain slower so
thats why they are not backing up, also they are higher. Take a flash
light and look into your vent on your lawn. If you see water half way
up(after you have been draining a lot) then you stoppage is between the
house and the street. If you see no water then the blockage is between the
house and vent (or inside the house) Rent a main sewer snake and find the
cleanout in your basement. Run it through the basement and then go out on
the lawn and run it to the street, you can't go from the street to the
house. If you don't have a clean out in the basement then you will have to
use a hole saw and cut a hole in the stack to run the snake through. When
done put a saddle on the pipe.
...Art