Re: wire welders

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: wire welders
From: Curt Strohacker <strohacker@chesco.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 10:33:34 -0500
To answer your questions on Lincoln Mig Welders:

The Weld Pack line is the retail Migs of Lincoln Electric. They are set up=
 as flux core welders.

Mig Pac 10/15 and the SP 100T/170T are the 110V and 220V versions of the gas=
 solid wire mig welders.

The mig pac is sold through automotive outlets.

The SP line is sold through the standard welding distributor.

To convert a weld pac you need a conversion kit which includes a regulator=
 for the gas and some other gizmos. The low ball price on a weld pac is Home=
 Depot.

  "While I have no use for the flux wire, it works

out free and maybe I'll use it someday to weld up

something that doesn't need to look pretty. The gas

is somewhat expensive to use if you are doing long

welds."

All units can be converted to flux core wire. It is handy for welding=
 outdoors. The heater in my garage will blow away the gas shield on my MIG=
 PAC 15. The tips are $12.99 for a pack of ten. My whole Morris Minor=
 restoration needed 2 tips.

All units come with a three year warrantee from Lincoln. The reason Lincoln=
 gives this warrantee is the units are practically bullet proof. I have had=
 my MIG PAC 15 in a busy body shop for the last year with no problems. It is=
 used almost every day.

Where to buy is your choice. Lincoln is a commodity product line. With Home=
 Depot bringing the price down it's hard not to go there. But....when was=
 the last time Home Depot supported a car club? Gone to a auto flea market?=
 Answered questions on rusty floor boards?

Curt Strohacker

</fontfamily>

The Eastwood Company
New Roman</param>, <<http://www.eastwoodco.com/>

Unique Automotive Tools And Creative Solutions

</fontfamily>

Eastwood Automobilia
New Roman</param>, <<http://www.ewab.com/>

Transportation Collectables

</fontfamily>

Roman</param><<http:www.hotcoat.com> (coming soon)

580 Lancaster Ave, P O Box 296, Malvern PA. 19355

Phone 610 640 1450 x 2001    Fax 610 644 1028

</fontfamily>