RE: wire welders

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: wire welders
From: MPRICE@KeystoneSystems.com
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 11:37:22 -0500
Jack
I got a Lincoln MIG welder (MIG PAC 15 I think) about a month ago. Its
not the cheapest, but its not the top of the line either. Came with the
gas regulator and some stuff. So far I'm pretty happy with it except the
wire feed spool holder seems to tighten itself up and change the wire
feed speed. Keeping the nut real loose seems to work fine though. Mine
is 220 V which gives me a lot of versatility and more than adequate amp
range. I'm finding that the .023 wire is good for body panels, and .03
or greater will handle frame or other things. Thicker if I take my time
to do several passes. Right now I'm using CO2/Argon for the gas and I
get good clean welds with good penetration. Anyhow, just my .02 worth.
Mark