Re: [Nobbc] Nobbc Reminder

To: North Bay British Car Club <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] Nobbc Reminder
From: Ron Engelhardt <nobbc@sonic.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:15:21 -0700
We had a great ride Sunday. We went out Chalk Hill Rd. to Alexander
Valley Rd. then up to Geyserville to the Deli. Turned out there was a
fall color event there featuring a car show so we stopped for a while to
take it in. Highlight of the show for us was a beautiful 1937 MG VA
saloon. There was also an Austin Healey and a Cobra. The rest were all
american including a great GTO "The Judge". We then went to Mill Creek
Winery on Westside Rd. for a picnic. It was chilly at the start but
quite warm by lunch time (1 PM), a perfect day!

Regarding Greg's comment about wet roads and rain, rides have always
been cancelled or postponed in wet weather for the very reasons Greg put
forward. The only times my car has ever gotten wet on a club ride were
from surprise showers and the lesson was learned not to go when the
weather threatens.

Perhaps we can put the winter start time back to 11AM and plan a lunch
around 12:30-1:00? I still prefer the later start and always ate an
early lunch before the meeting. Nov. 10th is our ride date so we should
come to some kind of concensus before then. The 10AM start just never
worked for us in the past during the winter months. Too cold, too foggy,
damp roads, lousy turnouts, etc.