Re: [Nobbc] Nobbc Reminder

To: nobbc@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] Nobbc Reminder
From: Ron Engelhardt <hardt@sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 21:37:47 -0700
Well the reason was that it takes longer for the day to warm up in the
winter months and no one wanted to ride in the cold. Usually, by noon,
the fog has lifted and the day has warmed to a reasonable temperature.
We always used to start at 10 AM year round, got to the point where no
one was showing up for the rides so we changed to noon and had good
turnouts. Maybe instead of stopping for lunch, we could stop for a snack
and brew ;-)

I remember one winter ride to Willets to meet the NCBCC, must have been
in the low 30's when we started at 9:00 and in the 60's when we returned
in the afternoon. That was one cold, foggy freeway ride.

Anybody else want to weigh in? Let's see what the concensus is and decide.