mgs

RE: Front spring compression tool

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Front spring compression tool
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 21:49:20 -0600
When I did this with the cross member off the  car, I bought a pair of
spring compressors from an auto parts store. I could only fit one inside
the spring but I still used it to take a bit of tension off the pan. I also
attached a chain to the spring to keep it from flying more than a foot or
two. But with the spring partially compressed, it came apart fairly easy on
both sides and neither spring really tried to take off.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B