mgs

RE: Crack of doom #&%^*@%!!!!

Subject: RE: Crack of doom #&%^*@%!!!!
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 21:50:47 -0600
Bobby I had the same experience with the crack of doom.  I explained to the
body shop how I wanted it repaired.  I guess he figured that he had a better
way ... he didn't.  Mine waited about 1 year to re-appear.

I fixed it the second time and it worked well.  First you have to thoroughly
clean the area to bare steel.  Then determine where the crack ends.  You
drill a 1/8" hole at the end of the crack.  Then at about 1/2" spacing drill
holes along each side of the crack.  The next step is to form a piece of
sheet metal to fit on the inside of the door, this just needs to be big
enough to cover the crack and the newly drilled holes.  Then you weld the
sheet metal to the door, through the holes.  At this point you just finish
the surface and paint.

Good luck.

Larry Hoy