Re: Cooling

To: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Subject: Re: Cooling
From: match@ece.utah.edu
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 11:35:24 -0700
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Mostly correct. There is no such thing as too fast. However it is
possible for the water to loose contact with the surface, when localised
steam pockets are produced around the combution chambers in the
heads. That's why some newer high-performance engines use
reverse-flow techniques, moving cold water from the radiator into the
heads and removing the hot water from the block, instead of the other
way around like we've done for a hundred years.

Marvin