Re: HTOBs

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: HTOBs
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 05:01:28 -0700
Cc: v8 <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi Paul,

As has been observed by others the htob is sometimes the only alternative for a conversion. In my case it replaced a far less than optimum combination of the TR clutch slave and the Ford clutch lever. When they work right they are a real boon. particularly the Tilton I am using that does not require adjustment. The Howe and Quartermaster units are both leakers in my experience with an inferior design. They also require that the trans be removed to adjust the clutch.

Most American manufactureres have been using htobs for some time now. Ford uses them on there trucks I believe.
--
Best Regards,
Tom