Alternators

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternators
From: Glenn <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 16:36:15 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I've been asked about this a couple of times now, so I thought I would send my
latest response to the list.  Maybe it will help someone else out.  I haven't
been doing much with the BV8, especially since it is delegated to living under
a tarp in the backyard until the snow melts.  I'm really missing the SC weather
now :-)GlennThe site listed below is
http://members.aol.com/wake074/alternator.htmBruce,No problem, feel free to ask
anything.  I used a generic 3 Wire GM alternator, from a late 70's, early 80's
GM.  I can't remember the model that the parts guy looked up.  They should all
be the same with different amp ratings.  I used a 63 Amp model.  It's been
working fine.  If you can find a reasonably knowledgable parts guy / gal behind
the counter, they will know what you want.  It cost me around 40 bucks or so.As
far as mounting it, pictures probably speak a thousand words.  I've uploaded a
few to the web for you to look at.  Alternator BracketIf you still have
questions on the bracket I fabricated, please ask.Hope this helps,GlennIn a
message dated 1/18/01 3:00:05 AM Eastern Standard Time, brucemills@dccnet.com
writes:GlennI realize this message is from some time ago but I am just getting
to thealternator now. What alternator did you use? And what did you end up
doingfor an alternator bracket.ThanksBruce