was: Alternators now: Bosch alt part#

To: "Glenn Towery" <mgv8glen@bellatlantic.net>, "Barrie Robinson" <barrier@bconnex.net>
Subject: was: Alternators now: Bosch alt part#
From: "Scott Pontius" <spontius@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 18:41:43 -0800
Cc: "MGB-V8 list" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I found the receipt, and the notes I wrote on it at the time came right out
of the rebuilder's cross reference catalog:

13116 FORN ALTERNATOR  66.95
Unit OEM # 0-120-489-671
75-78 Mercury Capri 2.3 liter

Rotex Remanufactured Auto Parts
14124 South Western Ave
Gardena CA 90249
(310) 323-5710

I had to modify the adjuster arm slightly to line up with the bolt hole on
the alt case, and if I recall the part as it came had no regulator.  But the
Bosch alts all have provision for an internal regulator, so they just took
it in the back of the shop and it came back out a few minutes later with an
internal regulator.

I put up a couple of photos of the alternator at:
http://home.att.net/~spontius/MGBV8/alternator.htm

I also found these numbers in their catalog that looked like they would be
compatible alternative Bosch part numbers:

0-120-489-104,5
-510
-511
-587,8