Re: 215 weight

To: tedtsimx@q1.net, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 215 weight
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 12:54:32 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/27/2000 7:28:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tedtsimx@q1.net writes:

> we recently pulled a rover engine. it weighed 325# complete with injection,
>  manifolds, starter, wp, etc. did not have a flywheel.

Ted,

Thanks. That means with a clutch and flywheel, the engine weighs 371 pounds
in a "ready-to-run" condition. 66 pounds less than a comparable Ford engine
(exactly the weight difference posted by a lister awhile back -
unfortunately, I forgot his name). If the Rover engine does weigh 40 pounds
less than the MGB 4 cylinder, as is often stated in the literature, then the
B engine weighs 411 lbs, or only 26 pounds less than a Ford.

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
http://members.aol.com/danmas/
MGBV8 Newsletter:
http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm