Re: 215 weight

To: jphillips@cvalley.net, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 215 weight
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 22:39:35 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/25/2000 10:58:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jphillips@cvalley.net writes:

> I have a complete stock 2 barrel 215 in a 62 buick special i 'm removing
>  very soon if you guys want the weight let me know what to leave on.It's
>  a manual so can be complete carb to pan with
>  bellhousing,flywheel,clutch,etc.

Greg,

Thanks for the offer. Myself, I'd like to see the engine weighed complete -
clutch, flywheel, intake system, exhaust manifolds, generator, starter, etc.
The most important thing, though, is to identify what is included in the
weight.

Later, if you have the time and the inclination, it would be nice to weigh
the individual pieces (external pieces) as you disassemble the engine.

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
http://members.aol.com/danmas/
MGBV8 Newsletter:
http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm