Re: First drive impressions and a question

To: jimbb88@erols.com
Subject: Re: First drive impressions and a question
From: Wake074@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 23:35:22 EDT
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Jim,

I'll try resetting the timing tomorrow.  The charging / starting system is
all new except for the battery which is a group 26, that is probably 3 years
old now.  Rebuilt stock GM starter, new Pectronix coil (which gets very very
hot), rebuilt 63 Amp alternator.  Should I just go buy a new coil, and
battery?  I've been meaning to buy a bigger battery.  The box on the 77 is
obviously much bigger than the dual 6 volt boxes on the 73.

Glenn