Re: Custom Headers??

To: jimbb88@erols.com
Subject: Re: Custom Headers??
From: MRogers726@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 23:59:02 EDT
Cc: mhartwig@cbu.edu (Mike Hartwig), mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net

<<
 Several individuals have had custom headers made, or in a few cases,
 made them themselves. I have some pictures from a show about a year ago
 of some really outstanding home built, through-the-fender headers. This
 is part of the problem- THROUGH-THE-FENDERS. Most of us have shied away
 from cutting holes through, letting water in, etc. It is destructive to
 some degree, in the eye of the beholder. Without going through the
 fender, little or no improvement over the traditional header is
 possible.

There was a NICE BRG 69 (?) GT at the Pismo show last month with nice through
the back of the fenderwell headers. He had built a lip around the cutout for
strength. they were 4 into ones and joined somewhere beneath. and then to a
single stock looking muffler.  Best I've seen. With 3500cc's/2300 lbs we don't
need torque help from dependance tuned pipes.  Michael*