Re: [Mg-t] 165 vs 180 thermostat

To: Duvall Video Productions <MIKE@DUVALLVIDEO.COM>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] 165 vs 180 thermostat
From: John Seim <kingseim@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 06:02:26 -0700
Cc: mg-t@autox.team.net
The 160 degree thermostat would be closer to factory original.
If you have a heater for your car, you might want the 185 thermostat.

The original bellows type would close off the by-pass opening, as the
thermostat would open. You could block off the by-pass, or make a metal
piece that fits between the housing and the by-pass elbow, with a small
hole for water to pass through. That would duplicate the operation of the
by-pass as to water flow, with the thermostat open.

John Seim
Irvine, CA

)