Re: [Mg-t] 51 td mk II

To: Larry Karpman <lkarpman@tx.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] 51 td mk II
From: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 10:59:33 -0500
I forwarded this link to a friend who has a very original TD Mk.II with
14,000 miles on it, original top, half tonneau, seats, carpets and
here's what he sent back:

Well it looks like there were some free thinkers back
then installing these things.  I have only a total of
4 anchors.  The two that are shown at the 1b positions
and the 2 at 2d.  The 2d variety are about 3" further
toward the back of the car, approximately at the seat
back as it now sits.  There are no positions between
the spare tire anchor frame.  There isn't any evidence
of anything ever being in the other positions noted.

For what it's worth, my TD doesn't conform either, as I have only one stud
centered between the spare tire supports making the total seven for the half
tonneau area.  Four seems hardly adequate.

Charlie
'52 TD