Re: Oil Priming

To: mg-t <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Priming
From: Charlie Baldwin <ewsinc@suscom.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 16:38:37 -0500
I have a friend with a TD that has a Volvo B18 engine in it.  At a cold
start it pegs the stock TD oil pressure guage at 100 psi and gets down
to 80 psi after it is warm.  The recommended minimum oil pressure at
3,000 rpm for that engine is 50 psi.  It's surprising that they want it
that high.  Probably it isn't really required, but is an indication of a
worn engine with enlarged clearances if it does drop below that.
Charlie