Distributor Cap

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Distributor Cap
From: John Gunnell <gunnellj@krause.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:05:35 -0500
A couple of years ago I was in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area attending
John Twist's winter seminars and decided to stop and see my old friend Sam
at Northwestern Auto Parts.

Sam is a big supplier of antique auto parts to those of us who also collect
American cars. He has two 5-story buildings full of old-car parts, plus an
everyday parts business and a full machine shop.

I asked him what he had in parts for my MG TD and he shot back "not much."
However, by the time he was finished looking, I had a new distributor cap,
new contact points, new rotor, net condenser and a valve cover gasket.

The parts were mixed brands and the valve cover gasket turned out to be a
little shrunken. At the time, I did not realize I could have "swollen" it to
proper size by immersing it in water for awhile. In any case, all the other
parts worked fine. And the prices much much lower than other suppliers
charge.

If you are needing any MG T Series mechanical or electrical parts, you might
want to try Northwestern Auto Supply, Inc., 1101 S. Division St., Grand
Rapids, MI 49507. (616) 241-5611 or fax (616) 241-1078. Toll-free phone
800-704-1078.

Oh yes, they ship parts all over the world.

John Gunnell
Iola, WI