TD problem

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: TD problem
From: "Krislynco.llc" <krislynco.llc@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 19:33:49 -0400
Hi folks my 52 td runs like a top ...usually..however the other nite I
went to take her for a cruise and it had no power at most times thought
it was carb problem but then I noticed upon inspecting under the bonnet
that the voltage regulator was red hot and I noticed that throughout the
powerless road trip that the red ignition lite kept coming on and the
voltage regulator showed a discharge most (not all) of the time I was
roading.any suggestions or thoughts
Could a bad or malfunctioning voltage regulator make the car feel as
though it has a carb problem..sluggish and powerless at acceleration
start.
Thanks
rocky