Positive Ground Conversion

To: "MG T List" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Positive Ground Conversion
From: "Bill Snyder" <wtsnyder@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 10:02:25 -0400
Several questions arose as to why I considered negative ground
conversion to be a plus in my '66 MGB. I suppose the biggest was the
ease of adding an in-dash radio/CD player. I attempted to put one in
before conversion, and electrical isolation was near impossible with the
early B's metal dash. Number 2 was that the Petronix ignition, at least
at that time, was less expensive for negative than for positive ground.
Third, I gues my aging brain can wrap itself around fault diagnosis
better with negative that with positive gorund systems. Call me
inflexible and in this case, you would be correct!

Bill Snyder
'66B
'53 TD under construction