TD Carbs

To: MG T Digest <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: TD Carbs
From: "S. Allen" <sallen3663@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 07:52:51 -0400
My '52 came to me with one piston that was pot metal, and one that was
aluminum.  Both had springs, and both had lead weights in them.

>From a balance standpoint I figured both pistons should at least be
made out of the same materiel, (and weight about the same) so I picked
up another pot metal piston and cover combo to replace the aluminum
one.

When I sent them off to be rebuilt by a guy that's been doing it for
40 years they came back to me with the springs removed.

When I sent the car off to have the engine and tranny to be rebuilt by
a guy that's been working on T's for 50 years he asked, "where's the
springs?"

Maybe there's someone on the list that can give a definative answer?

Scott Allen

52 TD
74 1/2 BGT