Re: Valve Adj Question

To: sallen3663@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Valve Adj Question
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 09:15:41 -0400
Hi Scott,
   The standard cam supplied by Moss when I bought mine a few years back
was a Crane cam.  Its instructions gave adjustment clearances that were
the subject of some discussion at that time.  Skip Kelsey wrote that he
had had some discussion with Crane about their instructions and was told
by them that .014 intake and .016 exhaust were the clearances to use, not
the ones printed on the paper.   I reset mine to .014 and .016 and was
pleased with the reduction of tappet noise.
Bob