Re: Clutch Pivot Lever Bushing - 1951 TD #5554

To: ted@the-jacksons.net
Subject: Re: Clutch Pivot Lever Bushing - 1951 TD #5554
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 09:24:02 -0400
Ted,
   Replacing the pivot lever bushing was easy for me, just clamping into
a vise with a small socket wrench pushing the bushing into a larger
socket wrench on the other side.  Tightening the vice squeezed the
bushing out more easily than I expected. Squeeze the new one in using the
same tools.
   I found just as much wear on the pivot as in the bushing.  There's a
spare pivot, on the other side of the sump.  Unfortunately, to swap them
one must remove the sump to release the nut of the pivot.  But, if you
are going to the effort to do this part of the job, you may want to do
the job completely and have the assembly work as new.
Bob