TC Clutch Adjustment

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: TC Clutch Adjustment
From: "Leinen, Robert" <rleinen@ci.dearborn.mi.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:04:39 -0400
Listers:

I have detected some clutch slippage and need to adjust the clutch on my
1948 TC.  The Blower manual specifies 1" of free play in the peddle
(which I understand) and 3" movement on the linkage up to the stop.  My
question regards the 3" adjustment, i.e., is it 3" on the nose or a
maximum or minimum of 3"?  What am I likely to find before I make an
adjustment given that I have some minimal clutch slippage - a
measurement that is greater than 3" or less than 3"?

Thanks,

Bob Leinen

TC 5838