Louvers + Re: radiator cover

To: mg-t@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Louvers + Re: radiator cover
From: "Bill Traill" <bill@clovermachine.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 10:13:41 -0800
Louvers.....

In a trade journal on computer aided design a few years ago, there was an
article on air flow testing. One of the examples was louvers tested for a hot-
rod builder. It turned out the louvers like we have on our side panels was
the best design...flat on the outside. Louvers that were raised into the air-
flow created a pressure. Air was drawn in instead of out.

Another interesting subject was pick-up truck tailgates. Leave them closed
for best milage. A cushion of air circulates in the bed. The air stream over
the cab bounces off this rolling cushion. Leave the tail-gate open, and a
strong vacuum is created behind the cab reducing milage.

Bill Traill
TC5221