RE: TF STARTER

To: "Krislyn Co. LLC" <Krislynco.llc@adelphia.net>, <mg-t@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TF STARTER
From: "Bob Grunau" <grunau.garage@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 09:11:50 -0500
Rocky,
It is common to have the to grind the block to clear the screw heads off a
replacement starter. Original starters had the screws going from the front
backwards so no problem as the screw heads were outside at the front.
Starters available now have the screws going forwards so the screw heads
foul the block. Take a die grinder and remove a bit of metal from the block
to clear.
Regards, Bob
Bob Grunau
150 Pinewood Trail,
Mississauga, Ontario,
Canada, L5G-2L1
905-274-4136.

Hello folks

has anyone ever had to grind one of the slotted screws heads that hold the
face of the starter on because it hit the casting "web" left inside the
starter "pocket" when the block was originally cast and thus would not let
the
starter tighten up all the way against it's "sit"..I thought I had seen it
all
till tonite!!!! Also when I replaced all the wood on my TF I glued every
pieceto the body "pockets" with PL400 subfloor glue (I'm a builder) and I
have
to tell you folks this car is a quiet and tight as I have ever seen..what a
difference..

Rocky

---