WARNING FOR T- OWNERS

To: <mg-t@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: WARNING FOR T- OWNERS
From: "Simon Corben" <simoncorben@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:50:56 -0500
Warning to all T owners about your throttle linkage.

I'm sure for some of you this comes as no suprise, but anyway it might just
save you from the same fate I just suffered.

The throttle shaft on my carbs has a spring at the forward end of the front
carb, which has a securing clip on it.  When I went to start the car this
weekend it appears the spring clip got hung up on the front carb float bowl
and the engine went to full RPM upon starting.  Blew the engine.  Pieces came
out the bottom.  Make sure to check that your throttle linkage is not hung-up
before trying to start the car.  Looks like my float bowl got bumped inward
somehow, or rattled over enough to catch the throttle.

Damned shame, one newly rebuilt engine gone.

Simon Corben
52 TD