Rust protection

To: MG T list <mg-t@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Rust protection
From: Andrew Kirk <andrewk962@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 07:04:56 -0700 (PDT)
Hi All:
    Heaving gotten the wheels to turn finally, I now
face the winter season with thecar outin the open.  I
have been keeping the car under tarps every winter to
"protect" it but discover that rust is starting to
form under the paint my dad painted the car to suprise
me with.  It was his first and only attempt to spray
paint a car and it was a disaster.  What sugestion do
the list have for surface treetment?  Come Spring I
will have the time to work on the car and restore it
as I will be retired (I hope)?
I did think of sanding it down and painting it with
rustolien or one of the other anti rust paints as a
temperary fix until spring.  TIA
Andy

=====
Work is the curse of the biking classes!!
Andrew J. Kirk
andrewk962@yahoo.com
cell 650-224-3527