Re: Steering Felt

To: Nels Anderson <nels@flightsim.com>
Subject: Re: Steering Felt
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 15:44:22 -0400
Nels,

My experience seems to be a bit different from Blake's.  We agree
totally about removing the steering wheel, etc., at the upper end.  At
this point we diverge.  I believe that the new felt should be oiled
before it is installed.  The ends are cut on a diagonal.  Take a pointed
tool, small screwdriver worked for me, and work the felt into position,
starting with the long edge.  It takes awhile, and the oil makes it a
bit messy, but it'll slip in.  I just did it last month.

Bud Krueger
52TD
Plymouth MA