Re: NEMGTR

To: "Scott Allen" <scottinarl@hotmail.com>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NEMGTR
From: "Brian Smith" <btsmith@island.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 14:02:40 -0700
Scott and other listers.

I purchased a TD 5 years ago and immediately checked out the NEMGTR. These
fine people did get back to me right away and provided a copy of the news
letter and a membership form. My car should be on the road later this summer
and I will, in all likely-hood, sign up for membership at that time. I am
disappointed to read all of the comments but as Scott has said, it is run by
volunteers who have a life other than the "T" series cars.

I have been the President/newsletter editor and many other jobs continuously
in our local British Car Club now for the past 11 years and I can tell you
that the time it takes is considerable. As a club we have tried to ensure
that the majority of needs are met but believe me there is always somebody
who will not be happy or will fall through the cracks. The best thing that
can happen is to have others step up to the plate and take on a job, even a
small one. I know that from my viewpoint, if I hear of a problem I try and
address it quickly but there have been times that individuals have grumbled
among themselves or to themselves and that is destructive to the club and
themselves. Problems can be opportunities but we need to know about them to
take any kind of action.

It is easy to get discouraged but I encourage you all to make the most of
the resources available to us and if everything is not perfect then like
Scott says, fill in for the need. Volunteers are ALWAYS welcome. From what I
know of the people involved in our great hobby, I don't think that anyone
would knowingly snub another member or a non-owner/potential member.

Brian
1950 MGTD
1959 MGA Coupe
1974 MGB GT C/B