Different Fenders for Armstrong vs Girling Shocks?

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Different Fenders for Armstrong vs Girling Shocks?
From: William T Snyder <wtsnyder@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 10:21:31 -0400
After inquiring about re builders for TD shocks, one of the list members,
Dallas Congleton, suggested that he remembered that the front fender
design was different for TD's equipped with Girling vs Armstrong shocks.
He recalled that one of the brands required a hump in the fender to
accommodate more travel and prevent upward denting.

My TD is a late '53, but was equipped with front Girling, rear Armstrong
shocks. I have a pair of Armstrong in better condition that I plan to
have rebuilt by Worldwide in Madison, WI, because they are in better
condition than the Girlings.

Can anyone shed light on this situation? Should my late '53 have
originally been equipped with Armstrongs all around anyway?

Thanks in advance.........again.

Bill Snyder
Waynesville, NC
'53 TD under construction