Re: Rear End Leak

To: "Nels Anderson" <nels@flightsim.com>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear End Leak
From: "Blair J. Weiss" <blair@ifd.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 19:03:44 -0400
Nels,
The #19 seal goes into the flange (#16) despite what the diagram may look
like. You probably want to run a bead of silicone around the flange also
when re-assembling the unit. I did the same thing last weekend. Believe it
or not, NAPA carries the seals, but I was quoted $7.50 versus Moss' $3.00...
If you have a local autoparts store that will look up a seal on description,
it is

OD 2.500
ID   1.688
Depth 0.375

If you remove the straps holding the brake lines to the rear axle, you
should be able to remove the backing plate with brakes attached without
opening, your brake system and require bleeding.

Blair
Peterborough, NH
53 TD
79 B