Re: Where's The Squeek?

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Where's The Squeek?
From: Nels Anderson <nels@flightsim.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 21:52:18 -0400
After a number of replies (and some phone help from Peter
Thiel...thanks!) it's definitely confirmed the squeek is coming from the
left front wheel. I drove the car enough to make it happen again (took
5-6 miles of driving) then immediately jacked up the wheel and confirmed
that the noise could be made by spinning the wheel by hand.

The drum came off and the inside inspection showed no obvious cause. The
brakes do not appear to be rubbing anywhere (no signs of scraping
anywhere). I guess this only leaves the bearings, though it just seems
odd because the wheel spins so nice and freely. Unless there's something
I'm missing I'm just going to order new bearings and install them and
hope that's it.

Nels Anderson
1953 TD28177