Re: [MG-MGB] Tightness in 1st Gear - Warm Engine

To: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Subject: Re: [MG-MGB] Tightness in 1st Gear - Warm Engine
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 12:56:03 -0500
Maybe a thought to consider: might this be a clutch problem, rather than a
gearbox problem? I wonder if your clutch is disengaging right near the
bottom of its travel. If so, it might be worthwhile to adjust the clutch
release point a bit higher.

If not, maybe add a small bit of "Molyslip" or other Molybdenum disulfide
additive to the gearbox fluid.

-Rock     http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
"JJ Cale Live" CD & Video: http://www.rocky-frisco.com/calelive.htm