Re: Carb Plumbing

To: ddubois@sinclair.net, bobmgtd@home.com
Subject: Re: Carb Plumbing
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 23:22:43 EST
In a message dated 1/19/02 22:13:44 Pacific Standard Time,
ddubois@sinclair.net writes:

<< If the tickler buttons in the float covers are still functional, a lot
 of the gas will run out of the opening around them rather than out of
 the overflow pipes.  I have never had the situation arrise where the
 overflow pipes were put to use, so I don't know if the engine will
 continue to run or not.  Even if all of the gas was routed to the
 overflow pipe by closing off the holes for the tickler button, the ID of
 the overflow pipe is so small that, with a needle valve stuck open and
 the fuel pump running, most of the fuel would be forced into the
 carburetor and intake manafold. >>

Not so Dave.......My SA has a sticky float/needle valve, I don't know which
yet, but when it sticks, you'd be surprised at how much fuel comes out of
that overflow pipe.  We had had one TC catch fire because of the tickler pins
and I'd recommend that anyone who still has these that they plug that hole or
put a small o'ring in it or get a different cap that doesn't have the
ticklers!!   The tickler hole is lower than the overflow pipe and fuel exits
there first.

Cheers
Terry, no Tickler